Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Eradication of Hunger - #BlogToFeedAChild

It was my first day at hostel back in 2006 and as soon as I entered my mess, there were so many posters and notices planted on the walls at several places. 

The poster read "Do not waste food. There are millions who do not get to see it." And, I was the one getting to see it, watch it, have it, enjoy it and do a lot with it. Till that date were the lessons being taught in the school and home, but as kids we generally do not pay attention to them. Not that I wasted food earlier, but the poster had a huge impact on me, the reason being, I was told that now since I am going live a hostel- life, I should be a responsible child and pay attention to the important details in life. And, right there after seeing the poster, there were lots of thoughts ran down the street of my mind. It was happening because I had the hostel food for the first time in life, and I never thought much about food, for I was always pampered and served whatever and wherever I wished to.

I made a promise to myself, I shall never waste any food and shall always love and respect it as I am one of the lucky one to have it at my disposal as and when I need it. Since that day, I have almost never and ever wasted food, and my family is proud of this habit.

It is essential that we pay importance to little things in life, and larger ones fall in place itself. Why I mentioned this statement is that, in order to have a fulfillment of the dream of a well nourished, educated and well developed India, we must start from the base level where the least and the best possible as the responsible citizens we could and should do is elimination of classroom hunger and ensuring their proper education as this would remove the poverty from all levels of society.

Firstly, it is important to have a will to contribute to the welfare of the society and make the best possible efforts to be a part of it. Like Akshay Patra Organisation and several other NGO's, we can do our little bit by donating and promoting these great initiatives.

Secondly, ensuring proper awareness for the poor masses so that they send their kids to school and get them educated, with the promising meals like those provided through Mid-Day Meal Scheme and Akshay Patra organisation.

Thirdly, organizing activities for children where they shall be eager to make their way to classrooms, and have their meals and education simultaneously. There must be certain kind of motivation developed into these kids so that instead of skipping school and classes, they are excited to join and learn from them. 

There must be obsession fused into the children in-order to shoot out this menace of hunger from the country. Let's not just watch it from a distance and instead make efforts in order to contribute in making changes to the society in whatever manner possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Networked Blog