Friday, May 18, 2012

Internet - Ek Mai Aur Ek Tu!!

Stepping to late back in 1994, a huge portion of our population called up or rang to the bank counters to check out on their balances. It even lasted in the ways that clients waited for the paper made statements to arrive by the mail. Weather forecasts were being announced on TV shows. The news updates could be found in the next day's newspaper. Outdoors were an added advantage to see upon the other side. People kind of involved more among social conversations and evening meets and get together.


Long back memory, I still remember the life of my late grandfather, his efforts being put into business, his way of managing out things. Being on the net was no-where nearby. Time passed on and situations were largely in the hands of next generation being carried up by my father and his brothers. Technologies changed. Advancements were little more as could be noticed. Back then, most of the working methodologies modified. Things changed even more when I entered into my teens.

The legacy, stepped ahead, when my brothers involved into business alongwith their studies, haha, then along came an experimental browser called Mosaic, followed upon by an improved browser from Netscape. And if one owed a computer, one located and discovered a new way to this cool, new thing called the World Wide Web. Mosaic and Netscape were then the latest release popular connections to what came to be known as the information superhighway and followed the first browser by Tim Berners-Lee called WorldWideWeb.


The Networking and Web connections have moulded the lives largely. The transformations into the living standards have been wide open. The huge frame systems, which lately turned down to mini, then to the micro world, switching over to laptops and notebooks subsequently. And when I personally asked dad to get me an I-phone or a smartphone, his never-ending questions started to pour. I had no choice but to convince (wink) him with all the pros I could. Getting him into the confidence is the major issue. Nothing would hinder than.
 

Next, switching to the handsome set was mesmerizing. I am probably a Vodafone user for over half a decade now. The internet over vodafone network helped me in damn so many fields. It started with making my Mom happy for several reasons. She is always a blessing for me and when I begin things with keeping her at a prime importance, things excel. Yes, I helped her with cooking. I downloaded podcasts with the dishes she was eager to learn and made her to prepare yet another plenty number of dishes. Then she loves viewing interiors and other decorations, which for my own benefits, I rejoice her with them.


Dad always had/has problems with me being on the phone, but  he is cute n generous enough, probably gets easily convinced, and that a passionate hug I receive every-time from him after his scolds and never-ending queries. I like that. I impress him with plenty things. He is an immensely simple and a sober human. With internet on phone, I always make him feel relaxed after his tiring day. I show him interesting videos, then the songs of Hema Malini and Rekha. I profoundly love that smile. He is relinquished and mission successful. Thanks to the Vodafone Internet services, which are quick enough to get me on toes with all the options that I need anywhere and anytime.
 

And when it starts for me, I have numerous things to carry out, I'm laborious, u know (:P). I get tickets booked, no no, not just traveling 'n' touring, more of movie scheduling (haha, movie-freak, I have turned to). The live streamings of cricket matches, football tournaments, tennis matches, is wonderly profound. Entertainment and the lifestyles with the latest trends are on the fingertips. Social networking would top the list for anything. Facebook-ing, twittering, chats, etc that keeps me happy and joyous all the time. Magic, movie, masti and masala is highly stupendous. 

The time when my serious nerves get activated, I do turn onto news, conferences, webinars, lectures, etc. Managing and keeping myself upto-date with the information has always been my motive since childhood. Blogging is freakingly fantabuluous. The fun I have is plenty, numerous infact. Games provide unimaginable refreshments. New techniques, brain-exercising, etc could be taken for granted with the internet, since the mind is always busy tackling may be some weird query or a serious issue or may be something worthed. Online shopping could get me things in just a day or two, just with a click on the order, and for the payments, yes, well, dad is always at his office counter, haha.
 

Stepping ahead, people can play travel agents and get on to book all the elements of a vacation online. Bills could be arranged to be paid online. A mail delivery could be put on hold. The directions to an unknown location could be located in no time and the long term weather forecasting can be made before the packing begins. Even during the vacation, one can log onto the Web to have a hold on with news from their hometown paper or TV station, and stay connected.

In its beginning first decade, the Web has tremendously altered the pace of popular culture. It has indeed turned down the distances less daunting, rendering information at quick instants. This has thus revolutionized the communication era. Today, the audience for the Web counts for over billions and is still growing.

Life has become customized. There are communication advancements. And henceforth most of the needs and requirements are fulfilled, be it travel, shopping and all such other activities that didn't exist to the same degree in the early days of the Web.

Thanks to the web and net service providers, that have paced the lives. Thanks to Vodafone for the best of services. Keeps me connected.

This post is an entry for the contest "Internet is fun on vodafone" with the web link www.vodafone.in/fun   on Indiblogger .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Networked Blog