Thursday, September 30, 2010

CWG DELHI 2010: THROUGH A VOLUNTEER’S EYE..!!

Being a student, my schedule involves working and studying long hours and there is always a lot more going on in it. But nevertheless, I have always been involved in volunteering for years for some or the other work and there's always a certain way of managing time for it and giving the best from my end.

Priviledged is how I feel to have experience as a volunteer at CWG DELHI 2010, India. The wait was finally over when I received the call, message and the mail for being selected as one out of the many lakhs of volunteers who appeared for interviews before the organising committee....WOW..!! And then, it is at CWG Delhi 2010 that I have been selected and getting to work with the technology team as technology assistant and allocated Free Church Sansad Marg as the venue of my duty. Owing to do something for the pride of the nation, I am one among many wholly responsible for the successful hosting of Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi.
Rightly said by William Feather "Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim." and I feel proud that I am a 'no claim' person here and going ahead with the role assigned and assist in the best way.

Definitely, to an extent volunteering for some people is not completely a selfless and generous act. Well, it can be about meeting new people, exchanging views, experiencing out on workholds, visiting new places, and so on with the endless motives varying from individual to individual. Some even carry to have an improvement upon their human life and some volunteer out for fun and enjoyment and a variety of reasons. Every person has his own will to work for a certain cause and that necessarily need not to be a noble cause, it can even be for gaining experience and in self growing as a human and a person.

The overriding feeling I’m getting from volunteering with CWG is that it's just filled with great experience to be working with international team, adding to my technical know-how, fun, frolics and enjoyment. I never feel like I'm working because I'm doing something I really enjoy. Helping others makes you feel good, and I know that I end up benefiting from volunteering just as much as the people I'm supposed to be helping. I've gained so much - I'd recommend anyone to get involved in volunteering.
Just go for it....!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice information related to Delhi CWG 2010. View much more related and accurate info of Common Wealth Games 2010 closing ceremony, queens baton relay, stadiums, events, sports, opening ceremony, venues, medals table, history, participating nations, schedule, dates and more data in Altiusdirectory.
    Commonwealth Games 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ravi...
    this is not the info related to CWG.....this is my experience that I had shared......

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Networked Blog